- We start our Corn Relish by chopping the Celery, Onions, Green, and Red Peppers.
- Next we will blanch the corn and drain it really well. You can use roasted corn or corn cut off the cob. You can use frozen corn, canned corn really does not work.as well. We are using corn cut off the cob.
- Next we will mix all the liquid ingredients with the Corn, Onion, Celery, and Pepper mixture pour into a large stock pot and bring to a boil for five minutes and hold on simmer until you are ready to pack in jars.
- Make sure that your jars, lids and rings are sterile and hot. Pack the hot Corn Relish in the hot jar and seal.
- We are going to use the hot water bath for our canning the Corn Relish. After packing and sealing the jars place them in the Hot Water Bath Cooker and cover with hot water.
- Cover and bring to boil and boil for 15 minutes.After the jars have cooled take them out of the hot bath cooker.
Miz Helen's Kitchen
10 cups Corn Kernels
3 cups Celery chopped
2 cups Green Bell Pepper chopped
2 cups Red Pepper chopped
1 onion chopped
1 1/2 cup Onion
2 1/2 cups White Vinegar
1 3/4 cup Sugar or 1 1/2 cup Agave Nectar Light
4 tsp Dry Mustard
2 tsp Pickling Salt
2 tsp Celery Seed
2 tsp ground Turmeric
Blanch the corn for no more than 3 minutes and drain really well. Mix in the chopped celery, onion, red and green pepper. Mix together vinegar, sugar, or Agave Nectar, dry mustard, pickling salt, celery seed and turmeric and pour over the corn, celery, onion and pepper mixture mix very well. Bring to boil over medium high heat. Boil for five minutes. Pack in hot sterilized glass jars and seal. Let sit for a week before eating.
Well Merry Christmas, I guess at least some of you know what you are getting from the garden this year...Yummy! I hope you enjoyed our visit today, I always look forward to your stopping by. Let me know how your Corn Relish turns out.
Peace and Joy