- The first thing we did is clear all the old non producing plants from the summer garden
- Next we till the ground and add our homemade compost (a link at the bottom of this post for Compost July 26, 2010)
- Make our rows and we are ready to plant
- Now we are ready to plant
- We planted this section in Turnip Greens which we hope will be on our Christmas Dinner Table
- This section we planted with Rainbow Swiss Chard
We planted several vines which I had started indoors from seed. In a few weeks we will have a great fall harvest from our fall heirloom tomatoes. It is still in the high 90 degrees here so we will have production until our first frost which will come sometimes after Thanksgiving. We also planted some Leeks, Dill, Garlic, and Parsley in early August, so our Fall Garden is complete, all we need now is some rain and time.
We have had a wonderful production from our Organic Garden and the taste is amazing. We have canned enough vegetables this summer to last us through the winter months until our spring production begins.
I am so happy that you stopped by to visit with us today. Sometimes I just need to sit down and rest for a bit and it is always nice to have a friend to share a cup of tea and conversation. I look forward to hearing about your fall garden.
Peace and Joy