Cranberry Rice Dressing
Saute The Vegetables
2 cups brown rice
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil for the vegetables
1/4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil for the rice
1 tablespoon butter for the rice
6 green onions chopped fine
2 stalks celery chopped fine
2 cloves of garlic minced
2 cups fresh mushrooms chopped fine
1/2 cup roasted almonds chopped
2 cups dried cranberries
2 cups Cran-Pomegranate Juice
3 cups Chicken Broth
2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoon thyme
- Chop the green onions, celery, garlic, mushrooms and almonds. In a hot skillet add 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil and saute the vegetables adding the dried cranberries.
- After the vegetables and cranberries have been sauteed add 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1 teaspoon thyme and stir until mixed well. Set aside while you prepare the rice.
- In a hot heavy dutch oven pour 1/4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter add the rice. Brown the rice until slightly brown stir constantly so as not to burn the rice.
- When it is browned add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon thyme, and the liquid bring to a boil, and cover then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the sauteed vegetable mix and stir well, there will be extra liquid at this point that has not been absorbed by the rice.
- Cover the dutch oven and bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
Served With Cornish Game Hen
Link to Recipe:Orange Glazed Cornish Game Hen
We just loved this dish Leonard couldn't get enough of it. I really hope that you and your family enjoy this as much as we did. Thanks so much for stopping by. I always look forward to your visit's.
Peace and Joy
Friday Pot Luck
Recipe Swap Thursday
This weeks Cravings